Monday, June 25, 2012

Tina's Pic Story - Under the tree

A quiet summer morning under the mulberry tree in the Ansonia Uplands

An unseasonal snow on 29 October 2011 weighs the leafy branches down
Tina's Pic Story is back - we add the pictures that match the theme which this week for is under the tree. My example this week is the mulberry tree in our front yard, in two distinct seasons. For the summer, the tree adds an elegant shadow underneath its canopy of leaves. For the other, the leaves are touching the ground, the leafy branches full of wet and heavy from a freak October snowstorm. The contrast is total, from peaceful to nearly destructive. Same tree, different scenarios under the same tree...


6 comments:

Annemor said...

I think I prefer the wintry picture.
I don't kbnow why, but maybe it'd because I live in Norway.
Nice pictures.
Mormor Norway

SquirrelQueen said...

I really like both views of your yard. It is always amazing how much difference the seasons can make with the same view.

Tina´s PicStory said...

what a contrast! i prefer the summer right now but the snow shot is great :) thanks!

Verena said...

Wow, great pictures! I can´t remember when we had so much snow. :)
Have a wonderful day!
Verena

HOOTIN ANNI said...

I think the 'under the winter tree' is absolutely stunning.

vincibene said...

Both pictures are beautiful. But in the moment I would prefer the first picture. To have a picnic.....