Sunday, June 10, 2012

Whimsical Windows - Floaters

Above the Connecticut State Senate Chamber, State Capitol, Hartford
Toby Hosts the always fun and perhaps artistic meme Whimsical Windows/Delirious Doors, where we look for those portals of style, artistic and fun. From my recent trip to the Connecticut State Capitol (completed in 1879), I noticed this.

I titled it as I did since the cheap point-and-shoot I used cannot capture nuanced details in marginal lighting conditions. Yet, any design drawback in the camera leaves the old window pair appearing as if they float in space. An interesting yet unplanned capture that brings a bit of levity to the meme...

6 comments:

Sara said...

They are beautiful windows, and I love the way they are segmented by the panes, perfectly sized and with a border of narrow panes...the symmetry is very pleasing to my eyes! Your point and shoot did a perfect job of catching those details.

Robin said...

Wonderful windows Ralph. I've always loved shots that leave the windows appearing to float in space. In fact, I posted one of my own today as well :).

toby said...

Sara and Robin are right - these windows are beautiful, even aside from their magical floating properties! Great catch! I have a photo of a friend of mine wearing a black dress against a dark background, and she looks like a floating head - we chuckle each time we see it :)

Tina´s PicStory said...

wonderful windows :)

Linnea said...

I love the shape of these windows and what a view of the sky they give!

EG CameraGirl said...

Ha! The windows do look like they are floating. :)