Sunday, June 17, 2012

Whimsical Windows - Our favorite little art gallery

Entrance of Gallery@37, Elizabeth Street, Derby, Connecticut
Toby hosts the fun Whimsical Windows/Delirious Doors, where we look for portals of seriousness or mirth. My post today includes pictures from yesterday's small town (13,000) Derby Day street festival. The subject is the lower Naugatuck River valley Gallery@37, the showplace for the Valley Arts Council. I'd say that an @ symbol makes the door a bit delirious - and elicits a smile :)

We are also members, and this unpretentious gallery makes it a fun group. Patti in fact has started a blog to showcase the artists and personalities that sometimes inhabit the space. Art is not just available in the toniest districts, but also in our midst!

5 comments:

Willow said...

The sign over the door definitely counts as delirious. Stuffy over serious galleries are not nearly as much fun to visit as the whimsical ones.

Sara said...

The colors are rather delirious too and I haven't clicked the link yet but I wouldn't be surprised to find some delirious art inside!

toby said...

I agree - definitely delirious! That place looks like a lot of fun - they've done a great job of making me want to step inside!

sparrow said...

Love the colours. I would want to visit on that basis alone

Gerald (Hyde DP) said...

that's a wonderful sign