Monday, October 15, 2012

Ruby Tuesday - Impala Standing Still

1963 Chevrolet Impala SS, 327/300, Powerglide

Ruby Tuesday 2 is back (as am I after our cable internet went out at an inopportune time where blogs needed to be posted last week). The direction, as always, a lot or a little red. True to one of my interests, and old car is the theme. It is a 1963 Chevy Impala SS sitting for its portrait in an urban setting on Bridge Street ins Ansonia. It looks fine either sitting or moving, as it is styled so well. The straight edges and small amounts of chrome give it a timeless look, the maroon paint flawless. An impressive looking car of its day...

The texture around the badge is the old concrete under the Impala adding a cool element to this view.

Useless but clever automotive trivia I have is found in the V-shaped emblem on the front wing. It indicates that this has the 327 V8 (added to the chrome chevron) as opposed to the smaller 283 V8 (no flags) or the larger 409. Things I knew that when I was 10 but still remember it now at a more um...advanced age. Like Patti said, Carhead 55 could have been my blogging name...see RT2 for more ruby treasures!

9 comments:

HOOTIN ANNI said...

My youngest oldest brother had a '63 Impala...had it all 'souped' up with pin stripes and mag wheels. If only he took the money and used it on something worthy....the cost he put into making it more sporty did not return when he sold it....y'know?

DrillerAA09 said...

Be still my heart! As a teen of the sixties, Impalas, GTO's, Mustangs, and Camaro's were the dream of every teen idol. Nicely captured.

Gemma Wiseman said...

A sleek, stylish example of stylish metal! Guaranteed to draw attention!

eJoops Cottrill said...

Beautiful!

Maria @ LSS said...

Cool car! Happy RT2.

Mine's here.

Chubskulit Rose said...

It looks like a very well-maintained car, the owner sure knows how to take care of it.

Cassandra said...

Wow, that is one cool car!

Visiting from Ruby Tuesday 2- hope you can stop by..

http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/10/photo-with-my-baby.html

JunieRose2005 said...

COOL car!!

Junie

Anonymous said...

Hello, I do believe your web site may be having internet browser compatibility issues.
Whenever I take a look at your web site in Safari, it looks fine however, when opening in IE, it's got some overlapping issues. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Aside from that, excellent website!
my page: currency exchange