Monday, October 8, 2012

Tina's Pic Story - Mountains


Tina provides us with her fun meme Pic Story. The idea is easy - we provide the photos to match the theme she supplies, which this week is Mountains. These old prints from the 1980s have been scanned and edited as they have faded somewhat - if not my memories...

The first was taken in October 1981, and is of Mount Monadnock near Jaffrey in southern New Hampshire. It is 3,165 feet (965 M) in height and is the tallest peak between the Berkshires in Massachusetts and Vermont and the White Mountains in northern New Hampshire...


The next was taken in August 1984 and is an unknown peak situated between Denver and Colorado Springs, and was taken on the shoulder of the I-25 highway. Until I visited Colorado, I was under the impression that the state was more mountainous than not, but the major cities are at the western edge of the Great Plains. I don't know what the name of this peak is, bud guess that is is around 12,000 ft (2660 M) - if not taller. I like this week's theme as I like visiting places from the past...

6 comments:

Al said...

Nice mountains. Having lived in Colorado for over 20 years, I should recognize that one. But you're right - the eastern third of the state is flat, it's the rest that's mountainous, and the large cities (Denver, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Boulder) are on the eastern edge of the mountains, where the weather is nicer.

Annemor said...

Nice ountains.
The last one is my fovourite. I think it's because of the haze that gives me a feeling of distance.
Have a nice day :-)
Mormor

BunTine said...

Great Mountains !
Greetings from Munich,
♥BunTine

Tina´s PicStory said...

wonderful pics! good that you scanned them :)

bj said...

I always enjoy all your olden photos, Ralph.

I came by to ck on you as I didn't see your name on Ruby Tuesday2. Hope all is ok with you and Patti....

lorik said...

I really like the second image - very subtle. The textures and colour of the grass looks great against the soft blue background.