Sunday, October 14, 2012

Whimsical Windows - Blue sky, inside and out

Beatrice Fox Auerbach Computer and Administration Center, U-of-Hartford, West Hartford, Connecticut
For Toby's fun Whimsical Windows/Delirious Doors, I travel back only to yesterday where we met our student son Cameron for the outdoor BBQ luncheon part of University of Hartford parents weekend. It was a cool day, beginning the night before - happily we layered up for the outdoor lunch. At this time it was a cool 55°F (13°C), but with the temps the sky could not be more blue. Ahead of my table was the Computer and Administration Center.

What captured my attention in this modern (1990s) building was the blue sky emanating from the refective windows. Since the operative here is windows, I used my phone to capture the scene, so the quality of the picture is not optimal. However with the arresting blue all over, I couldn't resist...

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I think that building needs all the help it can get - and the blue sky works a little.

toby said...

Beautiful! I agree, the windows continuing that deep blue sky is a very neat effect! Your phone seems to have done a very nice job :)

VioletSky said...

phones can take some pretty good photos and are so useful in place of carrying an extra 'device'.