Monday, October 1, 2012

Ruby Tuesday 2 - End of the season (really)


Ruby Tuesday 2 reminds us that the season for native tomatoes is done in Southern New England. On top is the very last one of our homegrown fruit - on the bottom the local farmer's market tomatoes are getting smaller. A salad with a homemade honey mustard dressing is the perfect place to enjoy the last. Oh well the may say, but wait until next year - easier to say now but when we must endure the faraway grown things that merely look like a tomato...


7 comments:

Kim, USA said...

End of the season and I am missing my produce. I am used to go to the garden and picked up veggies and cooked it fresh. Nice shot!

Kim,USA

Gemma Wiseman said...

Tomato is so versatile - with salads or hot food! I even love tomato on toast! Can't beat freshly grown tomatoes!

DrillerAA09 said...

Although the tomatoes are getting scarce, the local farmers markets will run through October. This past summer was tough on everything. Happy Ruby Tuesday.

Felisol said...

I envy you home grown tomatoes. Nothing beats that.
Ours mostly are imported or grown in hothouses. All looks, no flavor.
I still hope they are as healthy as the real thing, so I keep buying them.

Chubskulit Rose said...

I will be picking all the green ones soon, it's getting cold down here.

Liz said...

I like honey-mustard too. :)

My entries:
Moms... Check nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

Maria Gagliano said...

I tried to do a garden this year. I try every year. We always end up letting it go. It is awful.
Home grown toms are great.
http://www.mariasspace.com/2012/10/halloween-decorations.html