Sunday, October 21, 2012

Whimsical Windows - New feeling old

Connecticut made crafts and food may be found at this charming store in Seymour Connecticut. Photo by Patti

Toby hosts the fun window/door/architectural meme Whimsical Windows/Delirious Doors, and here is I the All-American Valley General Store in neighbor town Seymour. The lovely Patti captured the subject for this post for a newspaper article and I made the edit a light sepia edit that allows this modern iteration of an old general store look more in character - the structure was built in 1917. I haven't been here yet, but the proprietor sells only Connecticut-made products and crafts - an idea of real merit. The porch and ricking chairs evoke a long-ago gone and simpler time...

2 comments:

Lesley said...

A true locavore experience!

toby said...

Wow, that is a great capture! I agree that sepia was the perfect touch here.
Sorry it's taken me so long to get over here, I've been gallivanting about with my family, who has come to visit from overseas... have a wonderful week!