Monday, August 6, 2012

Ruby Tuesday 2 - Ripe and ready



Ruby Tuesday 2 arrives a day after a visit to the Ansonia Farmer's Market, where the local tomatoes are vine ripened rubies. Fresh, I sliced them as thins as our cheap sharpened knives could allow - our homegrown ones are not quite ready. So the idea was to stack the fruit along with other items to make supper with...


All photos by Allegra
The final choice was to make each stack from bottom to top as follows: mozzarella, tomato, capicola ham, basil leaves, tomato, mozzarella, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. With Allegra's help, we placed two stacks into each hard roll and made panini sandwiches in a pan with unopened tomato cans to weigh them down. A satisfying dinner with plenty of ruby as a side dish...See more world-wide rubies at RT2!



8 comments:

Angie said...

Delish!!!

J.Rye said...

Wow, my Mom made us a garden pasta salad today and it was loaded with cherry tomatoes. It was yummy.

Landed here from Ruby Tuesday.


I hope you can also visit my Ruby entry, thank you.

Liz said...

May I have some?

My entries:
Moms... Check nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

maria said...

Oh wow. I love tomatoes and that made me hungry. Happy RT2.

Mine's here.

Dianne said...

these are delicious little works of art!!

Danielle said...

Yum...the best supper ever.

EG CameraGirl said...

I think I'd enjoy eating at your house. It looks sooo good!

bj said...

This really looks delicious...gosh,Patti is a mighty lucky girl...married to a hunk and he can COOK. :) Awesome