Monday, August 20, 2012

Ruby Tuesday - Urban red


Ruby Tuesday 2 returns, and ruby red is our aim. Perhaps seasonal rubies like tomatoes may be in order. And I was at the Ansonia Farmer's Market at the parking lot/car park on West Main Street where plenty of ruby (tomatoes and beets) and green (kale and bok choy) were presented.

But what caught my eye was the back side of 200 Main Street, once the Great Country Bank and later Rifkin Travel building in a fine red painted brick - so that is ruby one. The other red sits on the roof of the same building - giant US flag sitting up high. Naturally, the stripes a ruby too. The theme is mow set!
For the record, I purchased a large and delicious green heirloom zucchini...

8 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

The red on the building is a dynamic feature in the streetscape! Especially noticeable when the windows seem so small and few relative to the size of the building! A blast of red!

Kim, USA said...

Two different shade of red and still look pretty and stunning. Is zucchini bread coming soon? ^_^ Thanks for the visit.


Kim,USA

DrillerAA09 said...

Nicely captured. You can tell that this building has some age to it. Those little gray squares near the roof line indicate that a threaded steel rod runs the width of the building and keeps the wall aligned.

HOOTIN ANNI said...

I really like the red building!

I finally was able to access your blog through the linking at Ruby Tuesday today. I tried Sunday, for Shadow Shot, from your name after you left me a comment and couldn't get your profile at all through blogger; your name in my comment box that is. It told me the profile wasn't accessible. :o(

Liz said...

Great finds for Ruby.

Skittles

Maria @ LSS said...

Nice red building. Happy RT2.

Mine's here.

chubskulit said...

I love that shot with the flags display!

bj said...

Now, that is a mighty fine looking red building...I do love olden buildings..especially the red ones. :)

Speaking of succhini..boy, we sure have enjoyed them this summer. They are my favorite squash, I think.