Saturday, August 25, 2012

Shadow Shot Sunday - Shadows and breadsticks



The Marco Polo (MP) Restaurant in East Hartford CT is my theme for Shadow Shot Sunday 2. Located on Burnside Avenue at the east end of an 'S' curve, this iconic landmark takes me back to my old hometown. Even though we now live an hour away, I haven't been here for decades.

I found an old washed out color print of me from 1977. Back then, I ate here more than any other restaurant in the Hartford area - the best warm breadsticks with kosher salt baked onto the underside (crying out for real butter - never could lose weight at the MP :)
I imagine that the pizza and Chicken Marsala has not changed...the original photo was printed on that 1970s textured paper and is not in great shape. So B&W and sepia edits still include the shadowy apéritif. Breadsticks anyone?

13 comments:

frayedattheedge said...

I like the different treatments of the photo ...... and you have made me hungry!

Sylvia K said...

Yep, I'm hungry now, too!! Time to get some breakfast, not sure it will be as tasty as the ones at the Marco Polo! I, too, really like what you've done with the photo!! Have a great weekend, Ralph!!

Kathe W. said...

nice photo! I enjoy the 3 takes on the image.
and now since I have dough in the fridge I MUST make breadsticks! Yummy post!
Have a great weekend.

EG CameraGirl said...

The bread sticks sound delicious! I'll meet you there in a couple of hours. :))

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love your 3 versions of this smiling moment! The Marco Polo has a homey style about it! Very appealing! And love the font style of the sign!

colleen said...

A dizzying flashback!

Genie said...

What a great post this week. I love the vintage picture in each of its presentations. genie

MyMaracas said...

Mmmmm. Breadsticks. I never met a carb I didn't like, and these sound especially delicious.

Love the vintage shots!

toby said...

Oh, you're a cutie! Warm buttered breadsticks sounds just heavenly :)

christinapictures said...

Great pictures! I wish you a lovely sunday!

robin. said...

yes ralph, i would enjoy a breadstick. 2 great presentations of your original photo!!!

Beverley Baird said...

What fun to look back at old photos and relive past memories!

chubskulit said...

That smile is very contagious Ralph!