Saturday, August 11, 2012

Shadow Shot Sunday - Circles

Original wheel
Shadow Shot Sunday 2 arrives at today's 6:00 opening opening of a new exhibit at our local and favorite Gallery @ 37 in Derby, the Celebration of the Circle which showcases our favorite concentric shape...

I do not consider myself an artist, but the very circular 1936 Dodge tire and wheel assembly that I posted recently on SSS2 seemed the perfect subject for this show. Plenty of circles here: tire, whitewall, trim ring, rim and hubcap. So I looked at a few edits to consider my framed exhibit...




Posterized
B-W 
Inverted color






Gimp, a balky but free photo editor for Mac, was used. I finally settled on the retro look of sepia, and framed it...I call this Dependable Dodge as that is how Chrysler referred to this brand in the early-mid '60s (you are right, I am old enough enough to remember :)

15 comments:

Patti said...

Looking forward to the reception this evening!

Maybe one of our entries will win (haha)

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

ahh ha!! love it...Ralph ~ you're not an oldie...just a goodie :)
Love the tire shot ~ to and Patti are so creative and we LOVE it!!

Linda said...

Very cool, Ralph - good luck!

Sylvia K said...

I love these, Ralph! I'll be holding good thoughts for you! How fun!! And take it from one who knows -- you're not an oldie, just a goodie indeed! Hope you and Patti have a great weekend!!

christinapictures said...

Cool pictures! Thanks for sharing! I wish you a great weekend!

Paula Scott said...

Indeed! Cool pictures. I love the whitewalls and signature on the Dodge wheels. Nothing but class.
Have you tried picmonkey? It too is free and works on Macs and PCs and is, as they say, 'duck soup'.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Adore all your variations of the wheel! But I agree with you that the sepia version has a beautiful vintage presence!

bj said...

I am lovin' ALL these, Ralph, but love the sepia. You sure are getting fancy with your photos....:)

bj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chubskulit said...

You are so creative, don't have that talent lol.

Piano Keyboard shadow

Chubby Chieque said...

Cool shots, bro!

Long time no see... how's everyone outthere? How's P?

Hope you all have a wonderful time and enjoying the last month of sunny days, or?

Wishing you all a great Sunday.
/Chie

BLOGitse said...

Isn't it fun to play with those tools.
We had a Dodge when I was a kid, metal green if I remember right...oh, those were the days :)

HOOTIN ANNI said...

...white walled tires. Now THAT in itself shows my age, doesn't it?

EG CameraGirl said...

Super, Ralph. And I like the way you played with the photos!

Tito Eric said...

Cool! Love those reflections on chromes.

Cheers … visiting from Shadow Shot Sunday

Tito Eric