Sunday, February 10, 2013

Whimsical Windows - Snowy Scenes


Toby hosts the great meme Whimsical Windows/Delirious Doors in which we looks for portals of interest. As Connecticut is awash in snow, the results of the Friday Blizzard of 2013 leaving about 32 inches/81 cm of the fluffy white on our town - the most from one storm that I remember, and that includes the storm in Feb 1978. So I haven't been outside the garage door but am using the old iPhone for today's post; views from L-R are: through front storm door, yesterday 15:40 EST (snow has been removed); out front window today about and out rear slider door. Roads are still being plowed, so I will stay another day looking outside at the snow...I do hope the groundhog was right about Spring soon :)

4 comments:

Lesley said...

You really got blasted with this storm. We didn't fare too badly, but I couldn't get my garage door open for the drifting snow!

toby said...

Wow, I was wondering how you were doing - our cousins in Boston are completely snowed in as well. Try to stay warm! At least it looks beautiful, try to enjoy the views as long as you don't need to go outside :)

photodoug said...

Beautiful from the inside looking out.

Sara said...

That is a lot of snow! I cannot imagine what it is like to be snowed in; snow is very exotic stuff where I live. I'm glad to know you are warm and dry and able to take photos through your storm windows in relative comfort.