Friday, January 23, 2015

Shadow Shot Sunday - School Project

Given the old pics I am rediscovering on my old family photo archiving project, my post for Shadow Shot Sunday 2 takes me back. The year is 1999, and daughter Allegra's presentation of her fifth grade project at Ansonia's Willis School. She chose as her subject the Canadian Provence of Prince Edward Island. Specifically, her interest in the island stemmed from her love of the six Anne of Green Gables books she had read by then. Of course, slight shadowy lighting descends upon he project board - and we parents were happy that she chose a literate project...

7 comments:

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

I wish I could be as diligent as you at the archiving project. Alas, I seem to have my hands full with day to day life and never seem to have the time, energy and memory to do so!

Kathe W. said...

nicely done!

Norma Ruttan said...

super job! this is similar to our fourth grade, the year they study Indiana History. the students and parents (grandparents, as in granddaughter's choice) choose a county and do a similar presentation. BTW I chose Knox County where my hometown rests. We took a tour before she put it together. Fun time for our 3 generations.

EG CameraGirl said...

Allegra looks pretty pleased with her project! I bet she got an A!

Anne of Green Gables is such a great book! I read it at about the same age and loved it too.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Even though I am far removed from Canadian worlds, I too loved Anne of Green Gables. Though I didn't do a project on the island setting, I did explore the reality by resaearching books. A grand photo.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

You're so lucky to have all those old photos. Over the years, mine have vanished...

Cobbled Shadows

adidas nmd said...

tory burch shoes
nike air huarache
pandora jewelry
michael kors outlet
pandora jewelry
nmd
yeezy boost 350
michael kors
led shoes
yeezy boost 350 v2