Saturday, January 3, 2015

Shadow Shot Sunday - Computer vs. Shadows



I am happily back at Shadow Shot Sunday 2! Why my disappearance? I should have consultet our software developer son prior to downloading any app or software…

My #1 resolution for 2015: Ask your software developer son for advice on computer changes First!

I haven't been on my Mac recently...I thought it would be a good idea to turn on the File Vault to encrypt my hard drive. Bad move! The 2009 hard drive was on for five days on with no way to turn off the app. Our son Cameron, home for Christmas, found a way to reverse the process...

It has been Decrypting for five days so far, status bar moving really slow, but happily it is 89% complete. I an not a fan of typing on an iPad. But I cannot stay away from SSS, and Patti needs her computer for work. too. So we wait for the decrypting to end and use the tablet as needed…


For today's post, Patti captured a nice set of subtle shadows on Pickett's Pond at Osbornedale State Park in neighboring Derby. They are seagulls either flying, frolicking or floating on the pond, with reflections of said fowl. The day may be cold, but art and nature play well in any season - thanks M’lady!

7 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Glad you have someone to fix it, in my case I have none but to go to the expert, and it's expensive!

Happy new year!

EG CameraGirl said...

How wonderful that your son came to the rescue, Ralph!

Gemma Wiseman said...

I am quietly chuckling here. I know I shouldn't, because this situation is serious. But the real funny part is how parents ask children for help. I have been known to do the same with my son - computer analyst who earns more than double my teacher's wage, and then he has some bonuses as well. Sigh.... On another note...beautiful watery views.

Chubby Chieque said...

That sucks. Computers live around 3 years then, I changed rather than asking experts.They cost fortune.

Happy NY to tackle...

gb

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Thanks for these wonderful water shots to start 2015!

Shadowy Blue Window

Christine said...

I like these water shots. Sorry about the computer woes but happy your son could come to the rescue!

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Wow-I did not know a mac would do that! I will never do that (don't know if I ever would know that it was something I would 'need'). Glad you re up and running! No snow? How can that be? Happy NY!