Monday, May 21, 2012

Ruby Tuesday - Classic Mattel



Ruby Tuesday 2 is back, and the past seems alive this year...The classic toy maker Mattel has made since 1959 the famous doll Barbie. What is interesting is that Patti has a 1960 version of this character in the striped swimsuit, accessories and ruby 1963 doll case. I think Skipper is her little sister (?). The dolls and accessories are in good shape, and we also have Tammy (from competitor Ideal Toys). Ebay perhaps? I had five sisters, Barbies were all around too in our home. Ruby red is what makes RT2 do what it does best!

11 comments:

Kramer said...

That's an excellent blast from the past.

Carletta said...

You're bringing back memories Ralph! There is no better classic toy than Barbie.
My case was round and black. I still have it and a bubble hair cut Barbie and a Ken doll.
Ask Patti if we can make a play date. :)

HansHB said...

Nice!
And a great post for RT2!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Did you notice, Ralph, that the guys are wearing ties? Not today, no way!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Wow! The elegance of yesterday in dolls! Interesting post!

DrillerAA09 said...

Classic indeed. I'm sure that most of us had forgotten about Midge.

Dianne said...

poor Midge, most people forget her
she's like Ethel to Lucy

that case is in amazing shape!

Liz said...

Oh wow! I wonder how much it would cost if she posts them at ebay.

My entries:
Moms...Check Nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

Joops said...

How pretty!

chubskulit said...

My daughter would say "ohhh so pretty".

JunieRose2005 said...

OH!! That is pretty! My girls had Barbies-and I still have a few of theirs-and ones I've collected over the years! I love all types of dolls!