Sunday, May 20, 2012

Whimsical Windows - Atypical

First apartment, Hillside Street-Burnside Avenue area East Hartford, Connecticut - 1979

Toby hosts the very fun meme Whimsical Windows-Delirious Doors in which we look for portals of distinction - or not so serious. Today I am traveling back decades, more specifically somewhere in time about 1979. This was the living room my first apartment after college. I refer to this post as atypical, as this defies the usual stereotype of the slob single male at the end of the disco decade. What is different here is the foliage, the plants that sit in the window instead of empty malt beverage containers...I always had the idea of plants in the window. The scan of the old print is faded and full of blemishes. Happily my memories have not faded too much :)


2 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, this really looks like the 70's...all those potted plants and macrame hangers! Brings back lots of memories. It's a lovely window too, letting in a lot of light.

toby said...

Yes, my memories of 1979 look just like that too! Especially those tassels hanging down - wow!
Thanks for sharing this!