Sunday, June 30, 2013

Whimsical Windows - Old style and spirit


Toby hosts the fun architectural meme Whimsical Windows/Delirious Doors where we look at portals and such of interest. Readers know of my fascination with my family over the decades since I inherited in 1981 the box full of family pictures taken by my grandfather.

As I continue to scan the old B&W prints, I often have to make a guess at where/when they were taken...I think this would be in 1941 as this may have been a 25th anniversary (from 1916). That would be my father at 13 in the steel town of Weirton WV, 32 miles/51 kM west of Pittsburgh. The building behind looks like a typical structure built in the early part of last century, if not earlier. Any guess may explain the mystery...or maybe not!

1 comment:

toby said...

Ralph, you have outdone yourself with the coolness of that shot. Wow! Lucky lucky you to have inherited that box, and lucky us for having you share it with us! Please don't stop!