Monday, June 17, 2013

Ruby Tuesday 2 - Long, longer and...

Ruby Tuesday 2 reappears, and we look for red in many ways: microscopic or massive. I have chosen the latter...at yesterday's Fathers Day car show at the Shelton History Center, I was (as usual) intrigued by the sight of chrome laden 1950s American barges with their styling excesses. 
Especially when I stumbled into this, a massive 1958 Chevrolet Impala painted in acres of red. It was sooooo long that two frames were needed to capture its ruby goodness - there is plenty of it :) See more ruby goodness at RT2

5 comments:

Patti said...

That was a nice-looking Ruby Red barge!

DrillerAA09 said...

As imposing as this ruby gem is by today's standards, it paled in comparison to the the land yachts that wore the crests of Cadillac and Lincoln. You could land a helicopter on the hood or the trunk of a '59 Caddy. I shiver at the thought of trying to park one of those things. However, I would love to own this continental kit bejeweled Chevy. Very nicely captured.

Jama said...

That is a classic!

Liza said...

Cool car!

My entries:
Liz (mcn)
Liz (mot)

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

While these massive old autos are lovely to look at, I'm glad they are no longer hogging our roads!

Mary & a Splash of Red