Monday, September 30, 2013

Ruby Tuesday Too - If it's the seventies, it must be plaid...


Ruby Tuesday Too is back, and I return to a kinda familiar sartorial theme: Plaid! This view is familiar (see sidebar) - however I have recently found and scanned more prints much of the familiar wardrobe items. The year is 1975, the place either in Steubenville (OH) or Weirton (WV), and with my grandfather who purchased the jacket also decked out in plaid. Are we not quite a pair? Plaid (along with long-ish hair and fat ties) was the style of the day!

6 comments:

Poetic Shutterbug said...

I still love plaid. It's just classic and fun.

Jama said...

Very nice!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Those plaid jackets have special style and attitude. Looking good.

Lola said...

Those plaid jackets would fit in so well over at my place with "my" sleuths, too!!

Happy RT2!

Felisol said...

Plaids are classic and good looking.I have a booklet over Scottish tartans. Your jacket is definitely of Scottish origin. Your grandfather with discreet grey tones is more like a sophisticated man of the world.(Which he probably was. Just look at that silk tie).

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Oh, Dad, you wore plaid! :)

Thanks for your contribution to Ruby Tuesday Too!

Stained Glass Rubies