Friday, September 6, 2013

Shadow Shot Sunday - Sumer ebbs in the Uplands...

Allegra and I leave long-ish shadows on the front yard...
Always love the oval shapes and shadows of the Neon...
Looking to the south from the north - seasonal shadows

I guess that it's no accident that the shadow hunter shows up in the sheetmetal :)

Shadow Shot Sunday 2 returns and since autumn is nigh since the unofficial end of Summer is Labor /Labour Day (actually it is 22 September), it seems as the sun has actually began its move to its rightful position to the South. So, the shadows now more pronounced from South-to-North in the front yard are where I looked for shadowy subjects. Including those that include daughter the shadowy Mulberry tree and Allegra's cherry red 1996 Plymouth Neon. I am noticing the sun making its long angular turn - a sign of the season and longer shadows as the sun retreats. It is still warm now...but for how long??

12 comments:

Norma Ruttan said...

ooh, I love the color of Allegra's car! in other things, blue is my favorite color, but cars...I LOVE red!
I like the cooler mornings, enabling me to sit on my deck in shadow and cool, but not chilly, breezes wafting over me.

robin. said...

every morning is a gift...as the season overlap each other. taking on their own characteristics. from one blessed soul to another...happy weekend!

Jeannie Marie said...

I love to observe the placement of shadows as the seasons change, or in the case of my previous home of 30 years, the placement of sunshine as it filled the house differently in different seasons. Few take notice of that. It was a delight to read that you do.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Yes, I see you there, Mr. Shadow Hunter!

Shadows and Silhouettes

colleen said...

I love the shadows against red. I'm curious about those mysterious finger-like shadows in photo #1.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Beautiful shadow shapes and patterns in your driveway. Like a special gathering. And love the rich red of the car.

Chubby Chieque said...

Color of the car. Sun is going back to the souht and make southernian happy-

Enjoy and see you around.

hugs to the kidsääääääääääää



ö'








blogitse said...

Oval and neon makes a good pair :)
We just came from a friend's summer house - we had sauna and sun! (no swim because the sea is too cold for me)

Beverley Baird said...

Love the variety of shadows you've included. I loved my red car. Great to see you if only in shadow.

Catherine said...

A great selection with lots of different shadow effects....

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Peak a boo! I see you! Fun to see you 'lurking' in one of your shots! I'd say you've had some very successful shadow hunting.

Chubskulit Rose said...

I love that last shot of yours, very artistic.