Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sepia Scenes - East Hartford Easter



For Mary's Sepia Scenes, the past is always the allure. Memories of past times and days, people, places and things seem to work with this monochrome - they feel like the past.

  • The year is 1968, the day Easter Sunday
  • The person an almost four-year old brother Chris
  • The place our home in East Hartford. The vehicle, a 1964 VW Beetle, with a mere 40 horsepower, old CT license plate and the label for the long gone dealer, the alliterative Ted Trudon in Talcottville
The photo is of a fuzzy and faded color print that has been scanned and rescued with sepia. The smile is genuine, the memories fun...

4 comments:

Annie said...

I had a 1966 VW Beetle - white. I loved to tool around in that car.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Dear Ralph
I am a sucker for old photos like this .. I also am a fan of sepia making it look so distinguised : )
1968 .. how very long ago that seems to me (I was a mere child too) but seeing photos like this runs a chill (a good one) up my spine ! Wonderful shot with a huge smile included .. can't get any better !
Joy : )

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful memories.

Regards and best wishes

Suzy said...

nice pic. thanks for sharing.