Monday, September 24, 2012

Ruby Tuesday - Midget football back when

Ruby Tuesday reminisces and returns back to 1977 and a recently found print of a midget football team that features my then 13 year old brother on the team (CP) was number 60 if my eyes are not deceiving me. The town is East Hartford, Connecticut, the place is Labor Field in the Mayberry Village (really) section of town. I cannot recall the team's name, and the quality of the scan is helped by modern means - so the past comes alive...


10 comments:

Carletta said...

Perfect ruby photo for the season Ralph!
You mention this is a recently found print - what a wonderful nostalgic find. Having your brother in the shot makes it even more special.

EG CameraGirl said...

A great look back, Ralph!

Felisol said...

Impressive American football ream. They all look so gigantic to me.From way back when everything in America was "The biggest in the World."
I bet your family was proud of your footballing brother.

Liz said...

It's always nice to look at old photos.

Red Blooms and Red Bricks

denpaul said...

football leagues,it shows in the picture that this team have teamwork,unity and cooperation!

eJoops said...

Such a beautiful capture!

My RUBY
Have a great Tuesday!

bj said...

Too cute...I love these little football teams.
Hey, I live in the same town as Texas Tech...their colors?...black and RED...you have inspired me to post a photo of our great team for a Ruby Red Tuesday....:))

Maria @ LSS said...

Perfect entry for Ruby.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Wow! They look like a bunch of mighty tough young critters! Incredible team photo!

JunieRose2005 said...

A cool Ruby picture-perfect for fall!!