Saturday, September 22, 2012

Shadowy Shot Sunday 2 - Shadowy Summer Solstice Subsides


Shadow Shot Sunday 2 is back, and alas the season of Summer ends its run for this year at 1:04 A.M. (EDT), as I slept so Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere is here. Luckily in the Land of Oz, it is Spring...I went out yesterday into the drive and have really noticed the southerly angle of the sun these days...


The gray house next door is actually facing due south - as evidenced as the sun shining across and cascading over my van...early autumn is often delightful, dry and a sunny day today at 80 °F (27 °C). Of course, late Autumn is quite different, leafless and much chillier. Which I will deal with at that time...

13 comments:

Patti said...

I like the sun's rays cascading over your mini-van. Colorful!

That's a nice crisp shadow of yourself next to our neighbor's fence.

;-)

Sylvia K said...

Wonderful shadow shots for a sunny day, Ralph, and they do whisper that Fall is here! Great shadow shot of you as well, camera in hand!! Hope you have a good weekend! Enjoy the sun while it lasts!!

Gerald (Hyde DP) said...

the last shadows of summer as autumn sweeps in

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Dear Ralph
I also caught some of those amazing rays : ) your shadows tell a progressive story with late summer sliding into Autumn .. we have wind and rain here but I am not complaining .. we still need lots of moisture .. but I hope for a few clear days to get my garden chores done for the garden to be put to bed!
Joy : )

Lighthousegal said...

Great shadow shots.
Love the last one with the suns rays shining over the van, very nice,
Happy Sunday!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love the contrast of the two photos - one highlighting a defined, linear shadow and the other capturing a misty burst of light and shadow! Delightful!

Dianne said...

I love the sun rays shot Ralph!

chubskulit said...

Oh I love that last shot you took, the rays is magical.


Family Shadow
Have a blessed Sunday.
Rose

Beverley Baird said...

Great variety of shots and shadows! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Riet said...

ohhh great photo's love the shadows.

Gillena Cox said...

the first one i like best of all

much love...

Paula Scott said...

Cue the song, "Goodbye to the Summer"!
I'm sure you remember that song well. I am reluctant to let go, but as they say, time marches on! Love your SS's!

EG CameraGirl said...

Nifty shadows. Yes, it's truly autumn now.