Sunday, September 9, 2012

Whimsical Windows - Red doors and more



Toby is the host of the fun Whimsical Windows/Delirious Doors where portals of interest are showcased. Today, I offer for the meme the Immanuel St James Episcopal Church in nearby Derby. This stately building was built in 1843 in a gothic style, Like many small New England town incorporated a town green that was flanked by many houses of worship. This is a beautiful structure, and although I have not been inside - imagine the stained glass windows under a long southerly winter sun. The views are from around the town green – we always ought to tote a camera around lest we miss the beauty that is often not far from home…

4 comments:

Sara said...

Red doors are always attractive, and these especially appeal to me with their arched shape. I wonder what the parishioners would have thought of red doors in 1843? You are so right about always having a camera while out and about...you never know what you will come across!

toby said...

Oh, what a great find - red doors are always fun. But to tell you the truth, my favorite part of these shots is the top of that tower - in the sun, it looks like it's wearing a golden crown! Fantastic capture! I'm glad you had your camera handy :)

sparrow said...

Love the red doors!

Riet said...

I love that sort of shaped windows and the red doors too.
Have a nice week.