Monday, September 10, 2012

Ruby Tuesday 2 - Side order

The return of Ruby Tuesday 2 takes me back a coupe of weeks to a tomato laden panini.

We brought Cameron bak for his final semester at the U-of-Hartford with (1) Grand Caravan and (1) Neon full of collegiate living items and a total of (4) persons to transport said goods to West Hartford four days before the freshmen arrived - and confusion was avoided as we survived two freshman move-in Saturdays over the years...

We all stopped at Tapas restaurant in Bloomfield for lunch after the unloading. One of the specials was this chicken bruschetta panini surrounded by a lightly toasted ciabatta roll; another ruby was that spicy ketchup to dip the best waffle fries ever into. Happily free refills on the iced tea helped with the heat...Tasty red rubies are a Tuesday special not on the menu - and thoroughly enjoyed




11 comments:

Kramer said...

Thanks for spicy ketchup and waffle fries...
(two freshman saturdays?)

chubskulit said...

That looks sumptuous!

Carol said...

Yummy looking :o)

Riet said...

Now that lunch sounds perfect and really Italian. It must have tasted great.

Kim, USA said...

Yummy! Now I could tell I am hungry. ^_^


Kim,USA

Maria @ LSS said...

That looks delicious. Happy RT2.

Mine's here.

lina@women said...

Makes me hungry suddenly :)

Dianne said...

wow!! Cameron is a senior already
amazing how fast it goes

gotta go, you made me hungry

bj said...

Well, let me just say here that rubies don't get much better than these.
I love bruschetta panini and waffle fries to pieces. Now, I am hungry and it's the middle of the day. :)
Happy week to you and the lovely Patti.

Robin said...

Oh yum, I love waffle fries :).

Years ago we gave my daughter spicy ketchup by mistake - it took her years to trust us with the condiments again LOL.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Some hot temptations there! Not sure of the meaning of the term "waffle fries", but it seems they are popular going by these comments!

Sorry for the lateness, but I have been drowning in preparing for my annual school appraisal on Monday + teaching lessons + midyear reports! Next week back to normal!