Monday, September 10, 2012

Tina's Pic Story - Textural


Tina's Pic Story is back, and we are reminded of that old saying about a picture having 1000 words. Naturally, we are not looking for quantity but instead looking to Tina's weekly theme for our inspiration - which this week is Texture.

For me, I am looking to the leafless shrubs and dormant or dead vegetation in winter's snow. On top, our forsythia has no leaves in the the cold season - we are used to seeing this full of leaves and trimmed. Now minus the foliage it looks wild as the snow weighs it down. The branches and dead leaves add a unique texture...

On top, our forsythia has no leaves in the the cold season - we are used to seeing this full of leaves and trimmed. Now minus the foliage it looks wild as the snow weighs it down. The branches and dead leaves add a unique texture...

Below, the modern wall is made of concrete blocks that are not smooth, the dead weeds above the wall from the previous summer are golden under the March sun. I hope winter stays away for a few months...

7 comments:

lorik said...

Great texture- and look at that snow! We don't have snow where i live so I am always fascinated by it.

joanne said...

I know all too well the looks of snow-covered landscapes, cold and beautiful

Annemor said...

Not beeing happy with winter, I still find you nr. 2 picture delightful.
Mormor

augenblickesammlung said...

Finde ich schön, nur an den Winter mag ich noch gar nicht denken! Liebe Grüße, Luise-Lotte

bj said...

Oh, my goodness, Ralph...these photos are FULL of wonderful textures.
brrr, I just got chill bumps, looking at that snow. :))

lorik said...

Thanks for visiting Ralph:)

vincibene said...

Beautiful pics. I like the wall.