Monday, July 16, 2012

Tina's Pic Story - Garden

Old-fashioned garden, Shelton Connecticut
Wilson Barn and garden
Tina's Pic Story returns - simply. we provide the pictures to match the weekly theme she kindly provides, which this week is In the Garden

We are used to perfectly manicured gardens, lots of flowers arranged maybe by a landscape architect or designer with nary a stem out of place - these days anyway.

Here, I am showcasing a garden of the 19th century at the Shelton (Connecticut) Historical Society. In front of the Wilson Barn, a garden grows of herbs I believe. Not stylish and full of color as a garden may be, but all arranged in rows. I like this old idea for a garden as it grows naturally as it always has. A classic garden in any era!

5 comments:

Annchen said...

oh sunny weather! wonderful to see!

Here is it still raining cats and dogs :-(

BunTine said...

Nice, you can send some sun...!
♥BunTine

Tina´s PicStory said...

beautiful garden and house! thanks :)

Al said...

I like unruly gardens like this, nice shots.

SquirrelQueen said...

Now that is my kind of garden. What I really like is all the pretty green against the red of the barn.