Sunday, July 29, 2012

Whimsical Windows - Wheelchair height


Toby hosts the fun architectural meme Whimsical Windows/Delirious Doors. We add interesting details that we note on our travels. I captured this at a less than optimal height along State Street in Boston. I am not sure what era this is from, but the columns, arches and non-round turrets do combine to offer a truly unique building. Perhaps while juggling the camera when seated in my wheels I cut the bottom off - but the view upstairs is fun! 

8 comments:

Patti said...

So much detail went into this building's construction! I wonder when it was built.

Willow said...

Oh I want to live in the turret! What a view from those gorgeous windows up there.

toby said...

What a wonderful building - that's a great find! I especially love how the details on each story are just a tiny bit different than the others... I love the idea of architects sitting down and giving such care to each aspect of their building.

VioletSky said...

I love to take views like this one - looking way up. I have sometimes almost toppled over backwards trying to get the exact angle I want!
I like how this building shows a bit more romance than the two that sandwich it.

Leora said...

Ah, this brings back memories, as I grew up near Boston. I would guess late 19th century - I imagine if one had the exact address, one could look up the date.

Robert Geiss said...

Thoughtful point of view indeed.

Please have a good Tuesday.



daily athens photo

Sara said...

Great perspective I'd say! I like the addition of those little turrets.

Linnea said...

I love those arched windows! That's a lot to wash. LOL! Great find. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of the week.