Sunday, July 1, 2012

Whimsical Windows - Stately State Street

Nice condo conversion along State Street in Boston
Toby's fun meme Whimsical Windows/Delirious Doors is back.Today I return to a trip to Boston where our hotel was within the financial district in Boston. The Board of Trade building captures the classic trim that perhaps indicated a building built for special purposes. I believe that these are very nice apartments now constructed inside. And I really like the teal detailing inside the granite arches. Stunning in its massive size but feeling delicate as well...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
On last weeks post, I alluded to the lovely Patti as having been part of the reveal for the Ghost Hunter TV series at the Sterling Opera House...Patti is Here (at about 5:00 in the light blue jacket). The only video I could find has these odd Spanish subtitles...I believe it first ran in April 2011...


6 comments:

Riet said...

That is a beautiful facade.

toby said...

Amazing! I can't imagine living there, I'd either feel a little disoriented to be living in a museum, or feel like the president :)

Patti said...

Beautiful architecture! Almost as beautiful as the Sterling. ;-)

VioletSky said...

there is a nice contrast between the arched windows with their detailing and the plain windows above and behind.

Lesley said...

I wouldn't mind a condo with those windows! I also like those two figures lounging on top.

Willow said...

And those classical lounging figures add a dimension of whimsy. Great shot!